Summer Internship 2020
Wilton High School Juniors & Seniors can register below
A virtual, 6-week summer internship for Wilton High School students.
StyleSite is a web development firm headquartered in Wilton, CT, and founded by Class of 2012 WHS grads, George Copley and James Ward. This summer, StyleSite is looking for two talented Wilton High School students with interest in business, marketing or web dev to help build our company for just 5 hours/week. Over a total of 6 weeks, the internship program will give students hands-on experience working in a startup and will include regular virtual training from George and James. Applicants will learn about web design, digital marketing, entrepreneurship, and more, while also putting that knowledge into practice. To Apply, click the button below.
StyleSite’s 2020 summer internship will begin Monday, June 22, the second week after WHS lets out for the summer break (we want you guys to have some fun). The internship will end 6 weeks later on Friday, July 31, so that you have a whole month of summer to enjoy before going back to school.
We are exclusively looking for WHS students to keep the internship local. Each StyleSite intern will be expected to dedicate 5 hours per week to the internship. Given COVID-19 and the mainly virtual nature of StyleSite, the internship will be completed 100% online unless an in-person meeting/event is agreed upon later in the internship and is safe. Therefore, the low weekly time commitment will allow interns to have enough time to take on another job or utilize the majority of their time as they see fit. Most of the assignments will have deadlines and can be completed at any time throughout the week (preferably not weekends). For the training seminars, two hourly sessions will be held each week at a time agreed upon by the interns and management team.
This internship will be unpaid. StyleSite is ensuring the internship meets the “unpaid internship” requirements outlined by the CT Department of Labor (see here). As mentioned, the value of the internship is in the experience, education, resume/LinkedIn add-on and potential referral from a StyleSite co-founder. We’ve kept the weekly time commitment minimal so that interns can juggle with other paying jobs if needed.
The internship will be 100% educational in the sense that interns will have 2 hours/week of direct training from George Copley, Head of Business Development, and James Ward, Head of Design. Additionally, the education and skills learned from the training will be utilized in weekly projects assigned to the interns, which will require them to act on their own or as a team for the remaining 3 hours/week. Interns will rotate responsibilities each week, guaranteeing they experience as much as possible in the 6 weeks that they work with the StyleSite team. Some examples of potential work include: website design, graphic design, building marketing and sales channels, social media management, content writing, market research, and more.
The immediate value interns gain from this opportunity is the professional experience working for a newly established small business, practical website design skills, and direct mentorship from business owners. On top of this, interns can showcase their internship on their resumes and LinkedIn profiles, as well as use the StyleSite managers as references for future opportunities (if the managers agree).
How To Apply:
- Read all the information above and watch the video by StyleSite co-founder, George Copley.
- Fill out the form to the right. If available, include your resume and examples of relevant work you’ve done in or out of school.
- Create a short video cover letter (under two minutes) and email the video to email@example.com with the same email address you input on the right. Your video is your “sales pitch” as to why you should get the internship this summer. In your email, please put your full name and a quick message to us.
- Upon consideration for a position, expect to have a short phone/video interview where we will discuss your interests, talents, and relevant experience in more detail.
- Please note: by submitting an application for this position you agree to the specs of the opportunity outlined above, including Compensation. Interns are not replacing any existing employees and are not guaranteed paid employment upon completion of the internship.